Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Soyoung Woo/Chapter4 final draft/wednesday 1~2

3.Which "The Ant and the grasshopper" is closer to real life, Aesop's fable or the Maugham story? Why?

 

 

Life is unfair, but Do not give up

 

 

I think that Aesop's fable "The Ant and the grasshopper" is closer to real life because of course there are exceptions, but usually the world is more likely to be a more sincere person. I think that Maugham's story is included in the exception.

 

The original world is unfair. The innate things in the world affect our lives so much. For example, when I was high school student, I not only have my friend who listened very hard classes, but also who thoroughly examines and reviews. and I have a friend who does not study after listening only to class. in middle exam and final exam, the latter friend had better scores that the former. I think that it is unfair situation but people in the world should not give up and give up. If they are not inherently talented, I think that they will be totally abandoned if they do not even try. So I think Aesop's fable is more useful to the average than the Maugham's story. I think that it is almost impossible to win a born talent with innate endeavors but I do not think that there are very few people who are inherently 'very good' talent. Therefore, I believe that ordinary people will succeed if they try hard like Aesop's fable's an ant. So I think that Aesop's fable "The Ant and the grasshopper""is closer to the real life than the Maugham story.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment