Sunday, April 2, 2017

Hyobin Jeon / Chapter 2, Part 5-A-2 / Wed. 1-2

Many marriages end in divorce, often because love has failed. What are the causes of this failure?(Think in general terms, not of one particular couple you know.)

Nowadys, being different from the past, many couples are getting divorced after their happy marriage. This social phenomenon was probably caused by a number of factors and some extremely personal factors, but I think there are some general reasons for it.

The first reason is 'being fed up with each other'. When a couple get married, they get to live together for a very long period. During this period, some couple, or one-side partner of a couple, can be tired of being together because they spent so long time with each other. In the beginning of their newly-married life, everyting will be felt like new and fresh for them. But, as time goes by, they are getting bored with each other, like a children getting bored with his or her favorite toys.

The second reason is 'the difference of their living style'. When a couple only date, not in the state of marriage, they don't share their own lifestyle such as how to squeeze the toothpaste or how to arrange clothes in the room. However, after they got married, a number of couples may have some trouble mediating between two partners. And, if this trouble gets more serious, divorce will be resulted

The third reason is 'their meeting with new love'. I think this is the most tragic case. The cases of two reasons I wrote above can occur in both side of a couple. So, when they get divorced, they can break up without any feelings left for each other(Of course there are many couples who don't fit for this example, but think about it in general). But, in this third case, when just only one partner happens to meet his or her new lover, the other partner would feel so miserable for own life. It is because they are deserted by their most loved one although they still love their partner who loves totally different person.

In spite of the fact that there are still a lot of reasons why a couple gets their divorce, but these three reasons I mentioned above are the most generals, I think.

As a conclusion, if a couple does not love each other anymore and can not spend happy time together, getting divorce can be one of solution. But, in my opinion, it is such an extreme situation. Instead, I think other solutions like trying to have more consideration for each other or having a heart-to-heart often are more better to improve relationship between a couple being on bad terms. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi! This is Hayeon Jin! I was interested in your essay because you have the same idea with me. I really think that the reasons you gave are the most general reasons why couples get divorced. Plus, I liked the organization of essay. It was very easy to read. However, there is one thing to suggest. Perhaps, you could remove the " I think" part on the 6th paragraph. You could be more firm when you write your essay. But overall, I really loved your essay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I'm Sangwon Park from same class. Your writing is well organized. In your writing, the order which is explaining the reason of getting divorce helps understanding. And I agree with your opinion about general reasons of divorce. That is quite well explained. I really enjoyed your writing. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm your classmate Soyoung. I'm surprised that your opinions are very similar to mine.
    I think your writing is adequate to the topic you chose and your examples used to support your thoughts are also adequate to your topic so that I can understand your opinion very well. Also I'm interesting your writing different from mine. I didn't think 'being fed up with each other' as a cause of divorce. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm your classmate Soyoung. I'm surprised that your opinions are very similar to mine.
    I think your writing is adequate to the topic you chose and your examples used to support your thoughts are also adequate to your topic so that I can understand your opinion very well. Also I'm interesting your writing different from mine. I didn't think 'being fed up with each other' as a cause of divorce. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete