Sunday, April 2, 2017

Sunyoung Park / Chapter 2 part 5 A2 / Wed 1-2

Definition of love.

 

What is love? What in the world is that? 

Is that a feeling of slight love and shyness toward a crush? Or, Is that something like your whole day is filled up by the thought about someone? There are varying kinds of love in this world. There are so many of it that we cannot even define what exactly love is. That is a feeling or a concept which comes in to mind naturally. When I see mothers staying the night to take care of their sick offspring, people buying flowers for their lovers, and people mourning and crying for their friend's pain, I feel love.

As we can see and I said above, it is too various to be defined clearly, but from what I see love is about 'change'; changing myself for someone who I care for. It is about pushing myself to heights I did not think I could reach. It is about doing something, even if it looks totally absurd, that I did not think I could ever do.

There is a simple example to represent this clearly. I was traveling Australia with my mom when I was young. We were in the stopped bus, and I suddenly wanted to puke so badly. Since the bus door was locked and there was no driver in the bus that time, she tried every button to open the door by herself. Being a young child, I was scared if anything goes wrong because of her. So I shouted to her "Are you crazy?". I was really immature that time so I did not recognize that she was doing that for me. Eventually she shouted back to me saying "I can become insane for you". She would have been an ordinary woman before she gave birth to me, but in the name of mother and love, she became someone who can do anything for her daughter. Later on, I found out her deed came from name of love.

Beside this, there are lots of illustrations of love, but abide all of that, I think the basic but most precious definition of love is changing. Changing myself for someone somewhat looks easy, but it is not an easy thing to do. It takes huge amount of effort. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny this is Aya.
    I love how you made your writing very relatable, with the very personal example. And I totally agree with you in the sense that you define love with more than a feeling or an emotion, but the act of doing something that shows that love and the effect the other person has on you. Changing, unconsciously or not defines it really well. You also showed that it is your personal point of view and own definition of the word by using interesting language and phrases, good writing I really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I'm Sangwon Park. I really enjoyed your writing. Especially, the example you gave about your childhood was impressive and touched me. Your opening which is staring with question attracted my attention, so I could concentrate on your story. Meanwhile, I think the word 'changing' is little bit equivocal. If you add more examples for specific explaination, your writing will be more wonderful. Overall, you wrote good and interesting story. I was happy to read your writing. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete