Saturday, April 29, 2017

Minyong Han/Teacher/Wed 1-2

Best Ethics Teacher


  I met a lot of good teachers and bad teachers in my school days, but only one of them came into mind. I used to hate ethics, so I was very reluctant to learn the basic ideas of philosophers. At that time, philosophers felt distant to me, but my ethics teacher shortened the distance I felt. She introduced the philosophers in a more fun, accessible way with lots and lots of materials. I remember the story of Immanuel Kant. He went for a walk at the same exact time every day, so the villagers set time on their clocks when he walked by. It demonstrates the uprightness of the philosophy of Kant. Also, she taught much useful knowledge. For example, the pronoun 'I' in English is always used as a capitalized letter because people in the western world are self-centered and they think they are the most important as an individual. I had fun learning from her, and she was the best teacher for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment