Monday, March 13, 2017

Hongim Lee/Chapter1 Part5 B-2/Wed1-2

In the article, Forer says that birth order in the family has a great influence on many things such as how to think of themselves, personality. Older or oldest brother or sister tends to be more responsible, parental and sacrificial than the middle child and youngest child. Also, they have more confidence and try not to be given other's help well in performing things. In contrary, middle child or youngest child relatively have little these trait. Especially, youngest child have in mind "Someone will help me", so they don't feel concerned.

 

I think that Forer's opinion is likely to be right, but not completely. In my experience, I like to solve problems on my own although I'm the youngest child in my family. Also through the effects of my parents, they got me thinking "I must have sense of responsibility" since early years. For example, when I am in trouble, my parents scolded not only me but also my older sister. Whenever my sister was scoled because of me, I feel sorry for her and I resolved to act responsibly.

 

Consequently, everyone was born and grow up in many different environment, so each people have modified roles or characteristics contrary to the Forer's opinion.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm Sunyoung Park.
    I read your essay and I certainly agree with your main point.
    Birth order is not the only factor that shapes one's characteristic.
    For the proof of that, we see lots of people who beat the stereotype caused by birth order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Taehun Kim from your class.
    I agree with your point that the youngest child can be responsible. Also, I liked your example since it shows that characteristic is not decided by birth order. However, it would have been better if there were more examples.

    ReplyDelete