Sunday, March 26, 2017

Hye-ri Lee / Chapter 2 part 2 B1 / Wed 1-2

  Have you ever been betrayed by someone who you have entirely trusted? If your answer was 'yes', maybe, you could understand the feeling that motivated Esther to kill Laurence. Then, How do you think about killing other people in revenge for his betrayal? Is it reasonable? Can you accept it? My answer is 'NO'. When someone who we love and think dearest betray us, we might fall into despair and tremble with rage. I just understand the cause of her act, but never accept what she did.

  Until she overheard the conversation between Father Paul and Laurence, she had entirely trusted and depended on Father Paul. In this story, she thought Father Paul as 'her venerable teacher', whom she revered as she would one of the saints in his own black book. On this phrase, I could guess that she deeply had faith in him and regarded him as extremely valuable people.

  Also, she loved Laurence, her old playmate and Father Paul's nephew. He whispered her his love for her and made her realize that she also loved him. Furthermore, he asked for his uncle to allow to marry her. However, Father Paul strongly rejected his request and persuaded to stop loving her. Also, he looked down on her precious identity like her bloods, parents and nationality. Finally, Laurence accepted his uncle's opinion and decided to forget her. She was betrayed by both the man like a saint and her lover who she had really trusted. Then, she would destroy Father Paul's lives by killing Laurence, his dearest nephew and her lover. I could not imagine how irate, disappointed and sad she was in that moment. So, I can comprehense the process of changing her mind and the cause of murder, but I can never admit murder she did.

  There are nowhere rational reasons why someone can kill others. I think murder is the most terrible deed that ignores other people's right to be alive and happy. For this reason, it isn't accepted to me that Esther killed her lover for not only revenge on Father Paul but also any other reason. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm hyun seo. I really like the composition of your story. Your well organized and specific details made your opinion easy to understand. Your unique opening catched my attention!! Also because i have different point of view with you, it was more interesting. It seems like you are more realistic than me! Thank you for sharing your wonderful opinion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunyoung Park

    Hi hyeri! this is sunyoung:)
    I've read your writing with much of enjoyment!
    It was really good to start a writing with a quesion which many people might drag out enough anwers from people!
    By your question I could think of this matter more deeply once again!
    Also, my idea goes along with yours. I can understand her as a human being, but her deed is one of kind which never can be forgiven.

    Thank you so much for sharing your writing!:)

    ReplyDelete