Sunday, March 26, 2017

Taehun Kim/ Chapter 2 Part 2 B1/ Wed 1~2

After reading this story, although a little bit shocked, I could kind of understand why she chose to kill Laurence. She would have felt a sense of betrayal at the two men. Being betrayed from just one person is harsh, let alone two. It isn't hard to guess that Esther's feeling of love quickly turned into hatred. Since most murder cases occur without being planned, I believe her actions were done impulsively, as she was emotionally unstable.

 

Although I understand why she chose to kill Laurence, I don't think it can be accepted. My reason is simple; killing someone can't be accepted in any cases. It's immoral, to begin with. Acknowledging what is right and wrong is one of the things that make us what we are. Esther would have known that killing someone is wrong, but she did it anyway. That's why her actions can't be accepted. Also, it is one of the worst crime a person can do. There's a reason why societies around the world punish people who murder a fellow human being most heavily.

 

To sum up, I understand Esther's feeling of hatred and the sense of betrayal she would have felt towards Laurence caused her to kill Laurence. However, her actions can't be accepted as we all know that killing is morally wrong and is one of the worst crimes that deserve punishment.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am Christina Woo from your class. Your writing was the first writing that I've read because I was curious about the male's perspective on this story.
    Your writing is simple and precise. I can easily understand what your point is, and I agree with your answer! Esther knew she was making a big sin, but she still made the worst crime that a person can make. The betrayal she felt was way more than she can handle.
    Like you mentioned, it is understandable, but this cannot be accepted.

    -Christina Woo-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is Hayeon Jin! I really agree with you that even I understand how painful Esther would have been, murdering someone is too immoral. She should have thought more before she decided to kill her lover.

    ReplyDelete