Sunday, March 26, 2017

Ye Eun Park / Chapter 2 Part 2 B1 / Wed 1~2

What does Esther mean by the last two lines of the story, speaking about the murder? "They account for it by the fact that I am a Redskin. They seem to have forgotten I am a woman."

 

When I read these two sentences, I felt so sad. I think the last two lines imply strong feelings of betrayal when she listened Father paul's talking. It seems like she says "They don't think of me as a human. To them, I am just "Redskin" person."

 

Esther maybe got hurt so seriously. As she grows, she has been confused very often and had many painful experiences because of her blood. To her, Father paul was trustful person and her lover, Laurence was more trustful person.

 

Of course, Father paul's talking about Esther makes her so depressed. But I think Laurence's agreement about his uncle opinion makes her more feel frustrated because she believed him so much and loved her. She had believed that Paul and Laurence think of her as a human. But the talking made her think they think of her "Redskin" person as many people.

 

Consequently, her rabid behavior is caused by her frustration of long-held beliefs. These two sentences imply her depressions and racism that she has felt long time.

 

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm Minyong from P&P. It's really great that you wrapped up what you wanted to say and it summarizes the text well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm Jeeny Jung from your class. I liked to read your writing because you answered a different question from me. Also I liked the idea how you comprehend the last to sentences as in skin. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm your classmate Soyoung. Your wirting is logical and coherent. Also I agree with your opinion. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete