Sunday, March 12, 2017

Ye Eun Park / Chapter 1 Part 5 B2 / Wed 1~2

In Chapter 1, it explains about how birth order causes influence to one individual's personalities and relationship with others. "How Your Birth Order Influences Your Life Adjustment" by Lucille K. Forer and "Born for Each Other?" by Pamela Withers explain birth order effect in very well known way. In those articles, they introduce most people's common idea on birth order. But I think Birth Order can't decide one individual's personalities and relationship with others.

 

We have very different environment by person. Personalities are created in individual's environment. Parents are different and rules in house are different too. For example, one parents teach responsibility to older child and give relaxed environment to Youngest child, another parents give relaxed and less tense environment all children.

 

Because I'm youngest child in my family, I read Youngest child section particularly carefully. In these article Youngest child is illustrated dependent, not capable relatively and less ambitious. I can agree some but I can't agree about capacity aspect. I think I am very ambitious person and I haven't lived in easy-going way. When I was young, I often treated in these way too. My relations and people around think my older sister capable than me with no reason. I don't feel bad with this manner at that time. But I think this manner has problems. Because As I say before, birth order can't decide personalities.

 

Consequently, I think birth order is just one part in environment. Birth order, rules in house, parents' attitude to children and so on are just elements that make one's personality. One's personality can't explained in one aspect. It is created very complex way.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Hyeri from your class.
    When I read your writing, I strongly agreed with your opinion. I think so too, that Birth order is just the part of environment! In my family, my parents always stricter to my younger brother than me because hi is younger than me. And I understood easily your writing as you explained what you want to say with easy examle! It's helpful for the readers to understand your writing. Thank you for your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am minjeong Lee from your class.
    I totally agree with what you wrote. There are some other factors that make one's characteristics, and one of them is the birth order. As you wrote, birth order can be one of the reasons but cannot be an absolute explanation for one's characteristic. I am the youngest child too, so I can agree with you. I did so as well as you did when I was young, but I am ambitious and capable now. If the theory was all the factor that gives explanation to one's life, I wouldn't be capable, ambitious, and independent girl. I also am not easy-going type of person.
    I enjoyed your reading so much. Thank you for sharing your essay!

    ReplyDelete