Sunday, March 19, 2017

Hye-ri Lee/Chapter1 part5 B-2/Wed1-2

Many people think that the first child usually has more demanding and exhausted lives than their sibling. Because the oldests have to help and take care of their younger brother or sister when their parents are not there and do many things for their sibling although they don't want to do those things. Usually, the oldests are expected that they should help their sibling and be more capable than their sibling by their parent or other poeple around them. In this aspect, being the oldest seems to be too demanding to be pleased. Maybe, because of these environment around the oldests, some people could think that the oldests live a unhappy and tired life.

 

I agree with this opinion however, I have the different view of this matter. I think the first child has the most difficult but happiest lives. Because, difficult environment around the oldest commonly contributes to his high sense of responsibility and consideration for other people.

 

Thus, I think the oldests can have the happiest lives because they faced these difficulties as the first child. For example, The oldest should concede something for their sibling, even it is his(the oldest's) favorite thing though. And the later child often needs the oldest's help when their parents are not there. As a result, the oldest becomes more endurable with what they don't like to do and try to be more capable than they was or their younger brothers and sisters are. These surroundings contribute for the first children to be thoughtful and have endurance. In the article written by Lucille K. Forer, the first child is described as more mature and responsible person than their younger brothers and sisters.

 

In my experience, I always take care of my younger brother as the first child in my family, cooking for him and paying attention to him not to expose him to dangers. Sometime, I had to concede a lot of things which I definitely like to him. When I was young, I thought it was unfair to me. But, when I made him smile by doing something for him, I could feel happiness that can be gotten by helping other people. By living as the oldest, I could realize that I can be happy for doing others a favor, so become to help others gladly. For this reason, I think the oldests can learn the rewarding emotion that is felt from sharing and favoring for others. That's why I argue that the oldests have the happiest lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment