Saturday, May 13, 2017

Bekkouche Aya/teacher paragraph/ Wed 1-2

We meet a lot of teachers in our life. Some are good and some are bad. When I think about all of the teachers that marked my memory the first one that I recall is my French teacher from 6th grade. She was probably one of the most amazing and one of a kind teachers I have ever encountered. First of all, she was from Switzerland, which itself was fascinating to the 12 year old me back then.  A foreigner that not only mastered its mother tongue perfectly but managed to embrace and handle mine, Arabic. That teacher also had a wonderful way of approaching language through culture and the acceptance of others. Everything about her indicated that she was from somewhere else, but she had a way of blending with people that inspired me so much. For example she would sit with us during lunch and ask us about our favorite Moroccan dishes and the ones that she was learning to make with so enthusiastically. I never thought I could learn so much about my own culture from a foreign person. She taught us well and helped us learn other things too. She was very cultivated so she always made sure to teach us other things outside our syllabus from her experiences in different countries. For example she would always talk about life in other countries, how traveling is a way to open our minds by meeting new people, cultures and places. I am glad she was my teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment