Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Hye-ri Lee / Teachers / Wed 1-2

The Good Teacher Who I Have Ever Met

 

  When I was a highschool student, I met the best teacher in my life. He had a great impact on my life; he taught me great values by quoting wonderful sayings.

  One day, he said to me, "Have you heard the saying, know thyself, which was said by Socrates? Then, how do you think about its true meaning? I think it means know that you don't know. For being advanced in our field, we have to try to find what we don't know and then try to learn it." Realizing its true meaning, I thought it is the start line of learning to figure out what I don't know. And it showed me what I have to do now for improving myself. For instance, I recognized I did't have a wide knowledge about politics and philosophy. So I decided to read Politeia written by Plato and I could extend my knowledge about them. From this experience, I realized it is the first thing to know what I lack for setting my goal and being better than before.

  Until now, His teaching motivates me to search my weaknesses and endeavor for self-development. Thus, I can dare to say that I met one of the greatest teachers in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment