Sunday, May 14, 2017

Minyong Han / Friendship / Wed 1-2

Causes of Broken Friendship


  You make some good friends in your life and continue your relationship with them your whole life. On the other hand, you sometimes make friends that you want to keep distance and eventually lose contact with. But, as life goes, friendship you want to keep can fall apart and never come back to you. What can cause a friendship to break apart?
  First, long distance can make friends feel distant from each other. If your friends are a continent away from you, you can't normally go to them and talk. Also, it gets harder to get in touch with them because of the time difference. Let me give you an example. I had an American friend who was teaching at my middle school, and she went back to America when I went to high school. Even though I tried to talk to her occasionally, our conversation wouldn't last long because I sent her texts during the daytime and it was the nighttime there. She was always tired in our conversation, and I couldn't talk to her anymore. Therefore, I was hesitant to keep in touch with her. And, it led our friendship to break apart.
  Second, different backgrounds can make friends feel bad with each other. For example, if you have a rich friend, you would feel small and you would think of him as just a acquaintance, not your friend. Cultural and racial differences can also lead your friendship to fall apart, because there are so many different things about your friend that you wouldn't understand due to your different perceptions.
  With the reasons above, it is very likely for a friendship to break apart. If a friendship can bear all these hardships, then your friendship is solid and you wouldn't have to worry about it. But, you can't be so confident in all your relationships and friendships. Some friendships are bound to fall apart and mainly these two are the reasons why.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Hyeri from your class.
    Thank you for sharing. I have some things that I want to tell you. Fistly, I was impressed in the examle that is related with your own experience. I think it is a good supporting example of your idea. Secondly, If you put more details, espacially how we feel small in fornt of a rich friend, it would let that part more memorable for readers, I think. your writing is so realistic. I mean, I think the problems from different backgrounds can be overcome, but they are really hard to overcome. It must be one of the reason for broken friendship. It is interesting to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am Hyobin Jeon from same class with you! First of all, thank you for sharing your own opinions with me. Because the subject of your writing is same with that of mine, I could read yours more interestingly. Also, the causes of broken friendship you mentioned were also very similar to mine. But, if you make your writing little more long and logical with additional supporting reasons, it will be much better, I think. Thank you

    ReplyDelete