Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Eunseo Kim / Teachers / Wed 1-2


 
The worst teacher I have met
           Throughout
my school days, I have met different good and bad teachers. Some of them have affected
me in a positive way, while some others did not. One teacher I remember to be
the worst was my homeroom teacher in my eighth year.
           His
reputation in my school was awful. It was not only because of his poor teaching
skills in Korean literature class, but mainly because of his deeds as a
teacher. Often he would sexually harass students physically and verbally. He intentionally
touched girls' nametags on their uniforms and even said sexually offensive
jokes in classes. Moreover, he discriminated a student who cannot afford a
class field trip; he mentioned that she cannot go with us because of her financial
status. There are more than this, but his behavior as a teacher was irrefutably
inappropriate. He was a teacher who must instruct students to behave well, but
he himself was the one hurting students.
           He
was soon reported to the Ministry of Education and was fired, but the students
still remained as victims. He never apologized for what he have done but
instead decided to hide behind, postponing all apologies. From this experience,
I learned that an upright character must be the foremost quality of teachers.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment