Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Minjeong Lee / Teachers / Wed 1-2

-----Original Message-----
From: "이민정"<perfectfit@naver.com>
To: <profjbh.writer@blogger.com>;
Cc:
Sent: 2017-05-10 (수) 03:45:06
Subject: Minjeong Lee / Teachers / Wed 1-2

The best teacher in my life

 

As most students from South Korea go through 12-year course of schools, we must meet several teachers in our life. Some teachers are good, while others are bad. If I am asked to name one teacher who impressed me, I would say Mr. Terence Oliga, who taught me English writing and speaking when I was in 10th and 11th grade, is the best teacher ever in my life.

Mr. Oliga was writing and speaking teacher, but he not only taught my fellow students and I the techniques of writing and speaking. He gave us several opportunities to speak and write in English, and revised the result thoroughly. He also always asked us to contemplate. He made us read books in English and discuss the issues on book with each other. 

Mr. Oliga showed us how to be a respectable, too. He drew and suggested guidelines of living. For example, one day he realized that there were a few students who were homophobes, racists, and sexists. Hence he gave us a well-written essay about equality. He let us read that essay, which is written by the teacher, and said to the students who used to discriminate others that other minorities are citizens with dignity, too. He did not scold them but made them be shamed of themselves. I appreciated the way he did, and I was touched by realizing that there are people who are on the side of equality.

 

I glad he was my teacher. My teacher not only taught me and helped me to write and speak in English well, but also supported me.

No comments:

Post a Comment