Sunday, May 28, 2017

U Yong Chung/ Shared writing B1/ wed 1~2

  1. Which moral, or message, do you agree with, the one in the Aesop's fable or the on in Maugham's story? Why?

 

 In my case, I agree with the Maugham's story rather than the Aesop's fable. I thought that Maugham's story which talked about George and Tom was more realistic in these days. The effort you spend on doesn't really matches with the result nowadays. In Aesop's fable, it talks about saving for the future and the ant is an example to resemble. However, in Maugham's story Tom has an ability to please, fascinate or attract other people. In the end of the story Tom had a lot of fortune, and George is upset about the result. In reality, there are so many Toms and we cannot criticize their ability which is their social skill. So I think Maugham's story is more agreeable than the Aesop's story.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, this is Hyobin Jeon from same class. I really enjoyed reading your writing. I also think that Maugham's story is much more realistic than the Aesop's fable these days, and reasons for this opinion is same with yours. I especially like the part that you mentioned social skills to attract other people. Your supporting reasons seems to be very logical, so this is the good point of your writing. But, many readers, including me, would want more specific examples for your supporting reasons. So, if you add some examples that can explain your opinions more vividly, it will be a much better writing then. Thank you for sharing your opinions with me !

    ReplyDelete