Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Ye Eun Park / Teachers / Wed 1-2

We spend many times at school. In school, we meet many different teachers. Some cause influence on our life in positive way. They can give confidence and wisdom to students. However there are the opposite cases too. Some bad teachers hurt students by discrimination or make them have feeling of contempt.
In my case, I think I couldn't meet many good teachers when I was teenager. However, I remember one teacher that I met when I was 8 years old. In my class, there was one student who is mentally handicapped. He couldn't concentrate and follow lessons. So children in class didn't want to be on intimate terms with him.
One day, the teacher asked me to sit next to him and help him to concentrate lessons. Like most children in class, I didn't want to sit next to him. However I couldn't reject teacher's request. As I studied, I took care of him and help him understand contents of class. When he didn't concentrate and keep silent, I taught him those actions are not good actions in class as if I am teacher. I was tired of taking care him those days but I think this experience teach me responsibility and how to help someone.
I haven't noticed until much later, but my mother listened compliments for me by her very much. She told me I am like children from heaven, wise and smart. I was ashamed because I think I don't deserve such high praise. However her compliments have had good influence constantly. When I felt frustrated, her words consoled and gave confidence that I can overcome difficulties.
I think it's difficult to meet good teacher in life. So I have gratitude that I met her.

No comments:

Post a Comment