Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Yejee Oh/ Teacher/ Wed 1-2

 My favorite teacher was Miss Wright who taught me English when I was in fifth and sixth grade. Miss Wright was more than a teacher; she was a person that I could go to with a problem and she would try and help me find the answer. She always came across as someone who cared about every student as if they were her children.
         Miss Wright was the first teacher I had who let me be confident in learning English. I remember handing in some finished homework, but I had so many grammatical errors and illegible structures in my paper. I thought for sure she was going to get angry at me for not checking out my mistakes, instead she told me what a great job I had done even though I had just started to learn English properly. I remember feeling such an overwhelming sense of pride in myself. 
            I had the ability to do the work, but never before was I proud of something I had done or being confident. I have never forgotten her because she motivated me to learn different language in confidence and taught me that it is not a shame to make mistakes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment