Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Seonghwan Cho / Teachers / Wed 1-2

The worst teacher I've ever met

 

          I met a lot of teachers in my life from elementary school to university. Some are good and some are bad. Among those, the memorable teacher is, ironically, my worst teacher I've ever met. He was my homeroom teacher when I was junior grade at high school. He is Korean (language) teacher. But he lacked competence in his major. Often, even students pointed out his mistakes. I think he is a person who has low self-esteem. It is because when he was criticized he showed attitude to persist rather than to say sorry and correct. "My explanation is right. I am a teacher and you are a student. If you are that intelligent, then you teach the students". He usually said like this in sarcastic tone.

However, I'm not saying he is the worst teacher just because of this reason. There was a happening which was very shocking to me. When it was the end of the year in junior grade, I needed to submit application form of dormitory entrance for next grade. I certainly submitted it and told him I want to enter the dorm. But he omitted application by mistake. Although I eventually enter the dorm little late, it is not important. What is important is his attitude again. "I did what I should do. This is fault of the teacher who is in charge of organizing all application form". In fact, my application form was found in his table among a pile of his books. He was unqualified not only for working as a teacher also for being an adult.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment