Saturday, May 27, 2017

Christina Woo/Shared Writing B2/Wed1-2

Dear my Pen Pal George,

           It's difficult to put myself in your position. I cannot imagine the pain and the pressure that you had to go through. I think it was very generous and courageous of you to help out your brother. I don't know if I could've done the same if I was in your situation. I guess nobody knew that Tom would continue to live his luxurious life with other people's money. It must be heartbreaking and painful that this is about a family member and not anyone else. I am very cautious to give you advices on how to improve your life because everyone is different and I am in no position to dare give you advices. However, if you would allow me to give you some advices on life, I would first tell you that you are on the right track.

You may think that you have wasted your life by working too hard unlike your brother who is always out there living his splendid life, but what I want to share with you is that just like the ant from "The Ant and the Grasshopper" story, you are living with purpose and sincerity. The purpose of bringing home the bacon, the purpose of caring and supporting for your family. Look at the grasshopper, what happened to it? It ended up regretting not storing up food for the future.

I am not saying that Tom and the grasshopper are hopeless. In fact, they are doing the right thing in some aspects. George, I suggest you to learn to let things go sometimes. This is a tough world and we all need some space to breathe in the fresh air from time to time. If not, there is a higher chance that you will get ill and you do not want that. Being said, you already look 60!

My advice for you is to keep up your good work, but do take some time to look at the stars, to pet your dog, to daydream, to take a good nap, to hang out with Tom because your work is not going anywhere. It can wait a bit. This reminds me of a quotation that says "Work Hard, Play Hard". 

 

Love Your Pen Pal Christina Woo,

No comments:

Post a Comment