Sunday, May 28, 2017

Hye-ri Lee/Friednship Final Draft/Wed 1-2

Why are we not a friend anymore?

 

  A friend is easier lost than found. It is an American saying about friendship, which shows that it is easy to break up with friends. I agree with that saying and think that it is really sad to end a friendship. I will suggest the main reasons why a friendship is easily broken. There are two types of the causes; external factors and internal factors.

  External factors have an impact on ending friendships. First, one of the external factors is intervention of other people. For example, Amy's friend, Jane heard about the false story which Amy said something bad about her from another friend. Jane got angry about it, so she ignored whatever Amy said and ended friendship with her. Like this, others can cause to break apart friendship. Second, When we don't meet our friends for a long time because of individual situations, our friendship can increasingly get weak and be finally ended. I have once heard the saying, Go often to the house of thy friend; for weeds soon choke up the unused path. It means the less we meet our friends, the more hard to meet our friends. For example, if I study abroad or get too busy for my work, then my friends and I will have much less time to get together then before. In this situation, we hardly talk with each other and we don't know how each other lives. So we get to be a stranger to each other and it causes to weaken friendship.

  Also, there are some internal factors to cause to break the relationship. Firstly, lack of trust is one of the main reasons to end a friendship. If we don't trust our friends, we will not think our friends as true friends and have doubt on our friendship. Also, when we don't believe our friends, we may be more affected by external factors that I mentioned firstly. And then we cannot keep our friendship. Secondly, different views can be one of the reasons for the sad ending. In my experience, I have once ended a friendship because of it. My friend lied her friend for hiding her fault, so she was really depressed and counseled about that matter with me. I said honestly that it was your fault, so you have to reveal what you lied. But, my honesty hurt my friend's mind. She said to me that she wanted for me to give comfort not criticism and she was disappointed with my aggressive attitude. I wanted to help her by giving advice, but it just made her angry. For that opposite view, our friendship got to be weak and was finally broken. If we and our friends have completely different thoughts about same matters, it will be likely to fight with friends and maybe end a friendship.

  The reasons why a friendship is broken are divided into external factors and internal factors. External factors are intervention of others and unfrequent meeting with friends. And internal factors are not to trust friends and completely different views. We are living in the complex society, where interpersonal relationship is really important. So, we have to keep in mind preciousness of friendship and prevent those bad endings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment